Within the digital television category there are three subsets of television formats; standard definition, enhanced definition and high definition. High definition television, or HDTV, is a type of digital television technology that delivers a much richer visual experience than any other television format.
With HDTV, colors are infinitely more vivid and images are truer to life. Plus HDTV offers a whole new dimension to how your favorite programming can be heard. You simply have to experience it for yourself to believe the difference of HDTV!
How do you know you are really watching HDTV? To ensure you are experiencing HDTV, you need:
- An HDTV.
- An HD-DVR digital receiver from Cable ONE.
- The show you're watching must be broadcast in HDTV.
Below is a convenient HDTV checklist to begin watching television in crystal-clear high-definition:
- A HDTV : When selecting an HDTV, you have a variety of options to choose from like Plasma, Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) or Cathode Ray Tube (CRT). Each type offers unique benefits at various prices.
- HDTV Service: In order to receive HD channels and services, you need to have a Cable One CableCARD, HD Receiever or HD-DVR Digital Receiver connected to your HDTV set. You may need to exchange your current digital receiver for a new HD-DVR Digital Receiver. Getting HDTV service is easy, simply call your local Cable ONE office.
- The show is broadcast in High Definition: The last thing you need to do is to make sure that you are watching an HD channel and that you are watching a show or a movie that is being shown in HD. Cable ONE HD channels start at channel 411. You can also check your local channel listings, which will indicate the programs that are broadcast in HD.